320 kbps | 137 MB | LINKS
In celebration of their 50th anniversary, pioneering English prog-rockers King Crimson is releasing 50 rare or unusual tracks from the band’s archives.
Starting on January 13th, the date the band was formed in the Fulham Palace Café in 1969, the band will release one track per week for the remaining 50 weeks of 2019. Commentary from King Crimson manager and producer David Singleton is included in every track’s introduction.
As the band’s website details: On the evening of Monday January 13th, 1969, King Crimson formally began rehearsals in the basement of the Fulham Palace Road Cafe. After hauling their equipment down the stairs into their cramped rehearsal room Greg Lake, Ian McDonald, Michael Giles, Robert Fripp plugged in their instruments and with Peter Sinfield operating lights and sound, played and worked on material for the next hour and a half.
By July of that year, the band was performing in Hyde Park on the same bill as The Rolling Stones to an audience of up to 500,000 people. By October, the debut album: “In the Court of the Crimson King” was in the Top 5 of the UK album charts, shortly followed by a top 30 position in the US album charts and a No 1 slot – replacing Abbey Road – in the Japanese international chart. By December, following a series of US concerts finishing at San Francisco’s Fillmore West, the band’s first line-up had imploded.
KC50 Vol. 1: 21st Century Schizoid Man
01. 21st Century Schizoid Man – Commentary [01:56]
02. 21st Century Schizoid Man (Radio Edit) [04:46]
KC50 Vol. 2: Thela Hun Ginjeet
01. Thela Hun Ginjeet – Commentary [01:58]
02. The Terrifying Tale Of Thela Hun Ginjeet (Live in Philadelphia, 1982) [07:59]
KC50 Vol. 3: Cadence and Cascade
01. Cadence and Cascade – Commentary [02:25]
02. Cadence and Cascade [04:37]
KC50 Vol. 4: The Mincer / Law of Maximum Distress
01. The Mincer / Law of Maximum Distress – commentary [04:12]
02. The Mincer / Law of Maximum Distress [11:53]
KC50 Vol. 5: Inner Garden
01. Inner Garden – commentary [02:35]
02. Inner Garden (complete) [02:43]
KC50 Vol. 6: Larks’ Tongues in Aspic, Pt. 1
01. Larks’ Tongues in Aspic, Pt. 1 – Commentary [02:26]
02. Larks’ Tongues in Aspic, Pt. 1 [02:20]
KC50 Vol. 7: Ladies of the Road
01. Ladies of the Road – Commentary [02:30]
02. Ladies of the Road (Remix) (from DGMLive 2006) [05:45]